Tuesday 21 May 2013

The Multi-roled Natasha Oakley


Natasha thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to speak with Pro Surf Talk.  Modeling, Running a Business, and Promoting Swim Wear have all been recent projects you have established. How are things going?

Natasha: Really, really great! All of my dreams and goals are coming to life right in front of me, what more could I ask for!




1. Your currently living in California, but you were born in Australia. When did you make the change to the states?

Natasha: I moved to California 6 months ago, previous to that I was lucky enough to live in Maui for 3 years. I also lived in Miami, Florida for 3 years when I was younger. I have called Australia and the US home for most of my life!



2. When did you first get into modeling?

Natasha: I have modeled on and off since a very young age. My mother was Miss Universe and Miss Australia so I guess you could say “I got it from my momma.”




3. What are your modeling measurements?

Natasha:
Hair: Dark Blonde
Eyes: Green
Height: 5’8″
Bust: 34
Waist: 25
Hips: 37
Shoe: 8




4. Other than modeling, you run a company called Datreats Productions USA specializing in Videography and Photography. Tell us a little about Datreats Productions.

Natasha: Datreats Productions is my life and my passion. Like you said we specialize in video and photo. I absolutely love creating videos and taking photos, its doesn’t feel like work to me! I started Datreats Productions USA about 4 years ago and have been working with some really great clients all over the US. To begin with, I was working mainly within the wedding and event industry but have branched out to the fashion/swimwear industry and feel right at home. It is such a fun industry to be involved with and my experience with modeling allows me to give great direction. I really look forward to the future of Datreats Productions, I see great things.



5. Living in California you have access to endless celebrities. Who would you like to work with the most?

Natasha: I would really love to work with Kate Upton or Kim Kardashian. I love what they represent, healthy happy women with great curvaceous figures!



6. You do a bit of surfing from what we hear, where is your favorite locaton to surf?

Natasha: Haha I guess you could say that! Maui is my favorite place to surf, at Breakwall or Honolua Bay (when its small! haha)



7. The surf industry has changed a lot in recent years; many Pro and Junior Pro’s surfers travel the world making low budget video’s. Datreats Productions would be perfect for surfing. Have you been approached by anyone to film for?

Natasha: I have not been approached from any one within the surfing industry. However, I am always open to the idea because there is so much creativity and talent within the surfing world. People are always coming up with new creative concepts when it comes to editing and filming surfing so you never know what your going to see next!



8. We’ve noticed you have a business partner Devin Brugman who co-founded a new project with you called abikiniaday on Instagram. Tell us about her and how this project got started.

Natasha: Devin is my best friend/room mate, she is from Maui and is currently studying Business at Mount Saint Mary’s College. She is a really talented and creative photographer and I am happy to have her as a Datreats Productions team member! We are constantly brain storming new ideas or shooting new things. One of the many passions that we share is BIKINIS! We are both beach babies and have probably wore bikinis more than clothes in our bringing up! Devin and I decided to start A Bikini A Day to share our love of bikinis with all the other bikini lovers out there! We attended the Swim Collective in Huntington Beach and we are thrilled to see all the new and amazing collections. The swimwear industry is filled with so many talented and creative people, we really appreciate the process that goes into creating the bikinis we wear everyday! We have some really great shoots planned and look forward to being able to share our photos with the world everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Google Search